GEORGE LaurentTel: +33 1 60 95 75 00
Welcome to my personal page
Laurent GEORGE personal information page
I am currently Professor at ESIEE Paris, with Habilitation to Direct Research (HDR), member of LIGM lab at University of Paris-Est.
Head of Software, Networks and Real-Time Team.
Keywords: real-time scheduling, mixed criticality, sensitivity analysis, multiprocessor and distributed real-time systems, sensor networks
- Habilitation to Direct Research (HDR), University of Nantes, on "Temporal robustness of real-time embedded and distributed systems"
Jury presentation: November 24th 2008.
Evaluated by :
- Sanjoy BARUAH, University of North Carolina, USA
- Francis COTTET, LISI, Poitiers
- Guy JUANOLE, CNRS, LAAS, Toulouse
- PhD Thesis, University of Versailles-St Quentin, on "On-line Distributed Hard Real-Time Systems", at INRIA - Rocquencourt (REFLECS project).
PhD Thesis Jury presentation: January 26th 1998.
Evaluated by :
- H. CHETTO, IRESTRE at Nantes.
- A. SCHIPER, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL).
- C. ROUCAIROL, Universite de Versailles-St Quentin en Yvelines (Lab. PRISM) and
- P. MINET, INRIA Rocquencourt, Hipercom Lab.
- From Nov. 2009 to Dec. 2013: Advisor to Vincent Sciandra. Title of the thesis: Toward unifying on-board Intelligent Transportation Systems architecture in Public Transport. PhD Thesis Jury presentation: 18rd dec. 2013. Evaluated by: Mohamed Shawky (UTC, Compi�gne), Christian Fraboul (ENSEEIHT, Toulouse).
- From Sept. 2009 to Dec. 2013: Advisor to Pierre Courbin. Ph'D title: Scheduling Sequential or Parallel Hard Real-Time Pre-emptive Tasks upon Identical Multiprocessor platforms. PhD Thesis Jury presentation: 13rd dec. 2013. Evaluated by: Alan Burns (York University) and Pascal Richard (University of Poitiers)
- From Nov. 2008 to Dec. 2011: Co-Advisor with Serge Midonnet (LIGM, UPEMLV) to Fr�d�ric Fauberteau. Ph'D subject: Temporal robustness in multicore architectures. Evaluated by: Pascal Richard (University of Poitiers) and Yves Sorel (INRIA Rocquencourt).
- From Sept. 2004 to Nov. 2007, co-advisor with Eric Gressier (Cedric/CNAM Paris) to Franck Bimbard. Title of the thesis: "Real-time dimensioning of embedded systems: application to the OSEK Kernel", PhD Thesis Jury presentation: 23rd of November 2007. Evaluated by: Guy Juanolle (LAAS, Toulouse) and Zoubir Mammeri (IRIT, Toulouse)
- From Sept. 2002 to Dec 2006, advisor to Lamine Bougueroua. Title of the thesis: "Conception of real-time system in uncertain environments". PhD Thesis Jury presentation: 24th of April 2007. Evaluated by: Maryline Chetto (IRCCyN, Nantes), Isabelle Puaut (IRISA, Rennes)
- From Sept. 2003 to Sept. 2007, advisor to Hui Xue Zhao. Title of the thesis: "Worst case real-time feasibility conditions for Graph task scheduling in uniprocessor systems". PhD thesis Jury presentation: 25th of Sept. 2007. Evaluated by: Ken Chen (L2TI, Univ. Paris 13), Jean-Pierre Thomesse (LORIA, Nancy) and Eric Gressier Soudan (Cedric, CNAM)
- From Sept. 2000 to Dec. 2004, co-advisor with Pascale Minet (Hipercom, INRIA Rocquencourt) to Antoine Mercier. Title of the thesis: "Quality of service in wireless networks: application to Bluetooth network". PD thesis Jury presentation: 14th of Dec. 2004. Evaluated by: David Simplot-Ryl (INRIA, Lille), Francis Lepage (Cran, Nancy)
- From Sept. 2000 to July 2004, co-advisor with Pascale Minet (Hipercom, INRIA Rocquencourt) to Steven Martin. Title of the thesis: "Quality of service in distributed systems". PhD thesis Jury presentation: 6th of july 2004. Evaluated by: Fran�oise Simonot-Lion (LORIA, Nancy), Francis Cottet (LISI, Poitiers)
- From Nov. 98 to Jan. 2001, co-advisor with Pascale Minet (Hipercom, INRIA Rocquencourt) to Dana Marinca. Title of the thesis: "High performance real-time multimedia systems". PhD thesis Jury presentation: 25th jan. 2001. Evaluated by: Ken Chen (L2TI, Univ. Paris 13), Yacine Amirat (LISSI, Univ. Paris 12)
I am currently associate professor at University of Paris-Est Creteil Val de Marne. My main teaching activities concern real-time embedded and distributed systems, LAN, and wireless networks
- 09/99 To date: Assistant Professor, University of Paris-Est Creteil Val de Marne, Network and Telecoms department, Vitry sur Seine France. Subjects Taught: Real-Time Systems, Networks, Computer Science, C and Java programming
- 09/04-08/06: Academic Coordinator, Networks and Distributed Real-Time Systems, Ecole Centrale d'Electronique (ECE) (engineering school) - Paris Subjects Taught: Local Area Networks, Quality if Service, Routing, VLAN, WAN (MPLS, ATM, FR, RNIS, X25, PPP), Real-Time. Example of practical exercises: DeMilitarized Zone, Network security, Real-Time Scheduling. Project Leader: Network Security, Voice over IP, Quality of Service, Real-Time: OSEK Kernel and Zigbee networks
- 09/05 - 09/'07: Teacher, Master of Research "Embedded and Mobile Systems" in distributed To date real-time systems, CNAM - Paris Teacher, Networks, ESIEE (Engineering school), Marne-la-Vallee, France
- 06/98 08/99 Head of Network Department, ESIGETEL (engineering school) - Avon (77), France. Subject Taught: Networks
- General chair of Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS 2013), Paris, July 2013
- Co-PC chair ReTiMiCS 2013, 1st workshop on Real-Time Mixed Criticality Systems, associated to RTCSA 2013 conference, Tapei, Taiwan, August 2013
- Program committee member of the 15th International Conference On Principles Of Distributed Systems (OPODIS'2011), December 13-16, 2011, Toulouse, France, France
- Program committee chair with Alan Burns (York University, GB) of the 19th internationale Real-Time Networks and Systems (RTNS'2011), September, 2011, Nantes, France
- Advisory committee member of the 18th internationale Real-Time Networks and Systems (RTNS'2010), November, 2010, Toulouse, France
- Program Committee member of the IEEE 8th IEEE International Workshop on Factory Communication Systems (WFCS'2010), May 18-21, 2010, Nancy, France
- General Chair and program committee member of the 17th internationale Real-Time Networks and Systems (RTNS'09), October 2009, Paris, France
- Program Committee member of the first International Workshop on Vehicular Technonologies and Protocols (VTP'09), in conjunction with IFIP NTMS 2009, December 2009, Cairo, Egypt.
- Publicity chair and scientific committee member of the 16th Real-Time Networks and Systems (RTNS'08), October 16-17, 2008, Rennes, France. Sponsored by IEEE-France
- Advisory Committee member of the International Conference on Systems, published by IEEE Computer Society Press.
- ICONS 2007, April 22 - 28, 2007 - Sainte-Luce, Martinique
- ICONS 2008, April 13-18, 2008 - Cancun, Mexico
- Advisory committee member of the International Conference on Networking, sponsored by IEEE, published by IEEE Computer Society Press
- ICN 2007, April 22 - 28, 2007 - Sainte-Luce, Martinique
- ICN 2008, April 13-18, 2008 - Cancun, Mexico
- Technical program committee member of the International Conference on Networking and Services, published by IEEE Computer Society Press.
- ICNS 2006, July 19-21, 2006, Silicon Valley, USA.
- ICNS 2007, June 19-25, 2007 - Athens, Greece.
- ICNS 2008, March 16-21, 2008 - Gosier, Guadeloupe
- Technical program committee member of the International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems, published by IEEE Computer Society Press
- ICAS'06, July 19-21, 2006, Silicon Valley, USA
- ICAS'07, July 19-21, 2006, Silicon Valley, USA
- ICAS 2008, March 16-21, 2008 - Gosier, Guadeloupe
- Technical program committee member of IEEE international conference on Self-Organization and Autonomic Systems in computing and communications
- SOAS'2006, Erfurt, Germany, 18 - 21 September 2006
- SOAS'2007, 24-27, Leipzig, Germany, September 2007
- Technical program committee member of the International Workshop on Java Technologies for Real-time and Embedded Systems
- JRTES'06, Paris, 11-13 October 2006 (sponsored by IEEE-France)
- JRTES'07, Vienna, Austria 26-28 September 2007 (Sponsored by ACM)
- JRTES'08, Santa Clara, Sun Microsystems labs, USA 24-26 Sept. 2008
- Responsible of the summer school day on real-time scheduling � Ecole d��t� sur le Temps R�el : ETR �, member of the scientific committee
- ETR'2005 Septembre 2005, Nancy
- ETR'2007, Septembre 2007, Nantes
- Co-organizer of the French workshop on consistency in distributed systems (Coh�rence de Donn�es en Univers R�parti : CDUR)
- CDUR'2005, November 2005, CNAM, Paris, sponsored by IEEE-France
- CDUR'2008, associated to RenPar'08 (Rencontres francophones du Parall�lisme)
- CDUR'2009, associated to RenPar'09 (Rencontres francophones du Parall�lisme)
- Co-organizer of the french conference on Ubiquity Mobility, Ubimob'06, Sept. 2006, CNAM, Paris (http://www.ece.fr/ubimob06) sponsored by IEEE-France
- Technical program committee member of Doctoral days in Informatics and Nerworks (Journ�es Doctorales en Informatique et R�seaux)
- JDIR'07, Marne La Vall�e, 17-19 janvier 2007 (sponsored by IEEE-France)
- JDIR'08, Villeneuve d'Ascq, 16-18 janvier 2008 (sponsored by IEEE-France)
- JDIR'09, Universit� de Technologie de Belfort-Montb�liard, F�vrier 2009 (sponsored by IEEE-France)
- JDIR'10, Sophia Antipolis, Mars 2010 (sponsored by IEEE-France)
|Last modification : Monday 14 December 2009||Send your comments||� INRIA Rocquencourt
Last 5 publications
- An efficient Production Scheduling based on queuing theory in systems with synchronous part transfer during a Demand Response event
- Alemayehu Addisu, Hakim Badis, Laurent George, Pierre Courbin
- IEEE SmartGridComm, Jun 2017, Dresden, Germany
- Accès au bibtex
- Fault-Aware Sensitivity Analysis for Probabilistic Real-Time Systems
- Luca Santinelli, Zhishan Guo, Laurent George
- 2016 IEEE Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI and Nanotechnology Systems Symposium (DFT), Sep 2016, STORRS, United States
- Accès au bibtex
- Dual Priority and EDF: a closer look
- Laurent George, Joël Goossens, Damien Masson
- Proceedings of the Work-in-Progress Session of 35th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS 2014 WiP), Dec 2014, Rome, Italy. 2014
- Accès au texte intégral et bibtex
- A Stretching Algorithm for Parallel Real-time DAG Tasks on Multiprocessor Systems
- Manar Qamhieh, Laurent George, Serge Midonnet
- The 22nd International Conference on Real-Time Networks and Systems, Oct 2014, Versaille, France. The 22Nd International Conference on Real-Time Networks and Systems, RTNS '14, pp.13-22, 2014, Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Real-Time Networks and Systems. 〈10.1145/2659787.2659818〉
- Accès au texte intégral et bibtex
- The Trajectory approach for AFDX FIFO networks revisited and corrected
- Xiaoting Li, Olivier Cros, Laurent George
- LRT. 2014
- Accès au texte intégral et bibtex